Saturday, December 27, 2008

Genuine Generosity...

And this is why I am so blessed...

As my 9 year old son, Christopher and I are going through the abundant fortune of gift cards and checks that he received for Christmas, I'm bracing him for the distribution of these funds (lol).

I begin to tell him "you can spend your gift cards as you please, and the checks we'll...". I'm about to say, "bring to the bank to put in your savings" (obviously preparing myself for resistance to the idea), when he interupts me mid-sentence and says, "give to the Children's Hospital".

Yes, I did say 9 years old.

When I asked him where he had learned about the Children's Hospital, he said, "I saw it on TV and it made me sad, I want to help them get better".

There are no words...

4 comments:

  1. Aww, that's sweet. I was trying to explain to my 7 year old daughter that she shouldn't be greedy at Christmastime because she has so much more than some kids. She responded, "Well, can I give my bed to a kid who doesn't have one? I can sleep on the floor!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome thing. Congrats to you for doing such a great job which is obvious when a child that age makes a statement such as this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new blog, looking good! What a sweet child! I am constantly amazed by what children can come up with when we least expect it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Namaste Wendy. This is your friend from India, wishing you; Christopher and Jim a wonderful year ahead. Wonderful thoughts on your blog. Thank you for sharing. Take care. Love and hugs. Bhaskar Bhattacharya

    ReplyDelete